The American Red Cross International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years the American Red Cross will deepen and expand its programming around the world while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network, in order to deliver vital help and hope to some of the most vulnerable communities.
The intern will work with the Program Integration technical advisors who are responsible for providing technical expertise to programs and projects internationally. He/she will gain knowledge and experience in international programming while providing administrative support and contributions to IRP’s information and knowledge management efforts. The nature of the work requires flexibility as it occasionally may require unplanned extended work hours. The intern is expected to have a wide range of administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as a strong interest in international programming.
The American Red Cross seeks a full-time summer intern (paid) to support the Program Integration unit within the International Response and Programs (IRP) division.
• Facilitate internal operations, including the processing of contracts and agreements, project management, program data collection, program analysis, and data entry.
• Support knowledge and information management efforts by conducting research and facilitating database and template development.
• Conduct analysis of information management and data analysis methods and processes used within the Red Cross and by other organizations.
• Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
• Graduate student pursuing degree in program management, public policy, statistical analysis or related area with an international focus.
• Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Must have strong writing and communication skills, knowledge of research methods, and ability to accurately record program research.
• Overseas experience, or strong interest in international issues.
• Experience in systems engineering, process mapping, and/or organizational structures highly desired.
• Education or experience in databases, information systems, and cloud technologies.
• Must be responsible, reliable, mature, able to work independently, highly organized, able to handle multiple tasks at the same time and work under deadline pressure.
• Willingness to do basic research and administrative support depending on daily priorities.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.