THB 74,000 – 95,833 gross per month
3 Years Fixed-term Contract
JOB PURPOSE: To provide policy and advocacy expertise To support senior programme management and team in developing and delivering advocacy strategies to maximise the impact of Thailand programme.
Post holder reports to: Oxfam Country Director, Thailand
Staff reporting to this post: None
• Provide strategic inputs for national level lobbying and advocacy on development issues
• Gather information from varied and diverse sources and analyze the information and communicates to wider audience.
• Work with Senior Management & team and contribute to the broader programme strategy.
• Decision –making is strategic and operational with judgment based on specific problem solving experience and a range of external and internal factor
• Represent organization at senior level, both internally and externally.
• Provide specialist policy and research advice across the organization at senior level.
• To develop and deliver an advocacy strategy for Thailand programme in consultation with programme staff and partners and ensure that advocacy and campaigns work are linked to the programme.
• To support alliances and partners to undertake advocacy work both at provincial and national level.
• To provide support to programme team and country director in policy positions, messages and assessing political risk.
• To build the capacity of programme team, partners and sector leads on policy advocacy work and support them to link the provincial level issues with national level policy debate.
• To manage and design research plans based on advocacy strategy and Conduct/ commission studies to improve policies and practices that impact on the lives of poor people.
• To establish and cultivate regular contacts with key stakeholders, partners and allies to influence policies and practices.
• To represent policy forums and undertake lobbying Governments and Multilateral agencies both at country level in line with set advocacy objectives or emerging policy influencing opportunities.
• To coordinate with Oxfam International in developing and delivering GROW campaign with a strong link to programmes on the ground and ensure the link between national and international advocacy work.
• To work with Oxfam GB regional office and Oxford to elicit appropriate support and link the campaigns work at all levels.
• To ensure that gender analysis is applied across all levels of planning and delivery of the advocacy strategy.
• To manage and monitor advocacy plans and budget according to the policies and procedures of Oxfam.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• Experience in advocacy work and proven track record in developing and influencing policies and practices.
• Proven in-depth understanding of Socio-economic development issues and knowledge of
Thailand Policy environment.
• Excellent communication and articulation skills for lobbying work and awareness of political sensitivities
• Writing skills to a standard that will pass scrutiny by high-level decision makers.
• Good analytical and conceptual skills
• Ability to build linkages between micro level projects and macro level policies.
• Understanding of and commitment to diversity and women’s rights with ability to integrate gender
into programmes and advocacy work
• Ability to think strategically and creatively
• Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work in a complex institutional setting.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and ability to work well and flexibly in hard-working team, while also
able to take initiative and work with limited supervision
• Ability to undertake extensive travel
• Educational background in Political science, Economics or Sociology
• Experience in capacity building with training and facilitation skills
This is a national hired post. We will be unable to provide visa and work permit to a non-Thai national.
Working at Oxfam is so much more than just a job. As an Oxfam employee, you will join a team of professionals that is part of the international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in 94 countries. As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to end world poverty and injustice.
Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world .Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to make this happen. Now we’re looking for yours.
How to apply
The closing date: 30th April 2013